The following guidelines apply to receiving LTDA support for media trips to Latvia:
- A fully completed media request form must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the trip.
- The media request form must include detailed information on the aim of the trip (type and size or length of coverage, est. time of publication or broadcast, synopsis of coverage), special interests and needs that will assist in putting together a tailored programme for the media trip.
- At least one day during the media trip will be spent outside Riga.
- The submitter of the request form represents a specific media organisation as an employee or a freelancer on a contract.
- Depending on the interests specified in the media request form, the LTDA may involve the Riga Tourism Information Bureau, the Latvian Institute, regional tourism associations or other partners in organising the trip.
Based on the completed media request form, the LTDA can offer:
- to put together a programme for the media trip
- accommodation during the media trip (max. 3 nights)
- ground transport during the media trip (max. 4 days)
- guide and/or interpreter services during the media trip
- to obtain permission to film and/or take photos at sites and attractions
- transport to Latvia (on a case-by-case basis).
- The level of support the LTDA can provide is determined by evaluating details of the proposed coverage in the media request form, and depends on the resources available according to the LTDA’s annual activity plan.
- The media trip programme and LTDA employees will advise of the complimentary services provided. The LTDA is unable to cover the costs of unforeseen expenses such as additional beverages, unexpected meals and taxi journeys that arise during the trip.
- The LTDA cannot guarantee the inclusion of specific sites and attractions in the media trip programme. Hotels, restaurants, sites and attractions operate independently and for various reasons can be closed or otherwise unavailable.
- The programme of the media trip cannot be changed later than 4 days prior to the media trip.
- A media trip request can be cancelled no later than 7 days prior to the scheduled media trip. In case of late cancellation by the requesting party, the LTDA reserves the right to request compensation of losses (e.g. deposits for accommodation, prepayment of meals).
- The publication or feature must include a reference to the support of the LTDA. This reference must be approved by the LTDA which reserves the right to request the inclusion of the LTDA logo, the www.latvia.travelwebsite address and, on some occasions, the logo of the European Regional Development Fund.
- It is compulsory for media trip participants to send the LTDA the publications, features, audio or video material published or broadcast after the trip.
- Each media representative can be provided with support for no more than one media trip per year.
- For reporting purposes, during the visit the LTDA will request the signatures of all media trip participants to acknowledge their arrival in Latvia.
For additional information please contact:
Tourism marketing specialist