X
Latvia.travel mobile app. Your official guide for travelling in Latvia.
Download

You are here

"Angel Glass Design" hopes to conquer Russian market

12.09.2011

Glass and crystal dishware brand's "an&angel" producer "Angel Glass Design" will continue to enter new export markets, of which Russia is the nearest goal, as "Angel Glass Design's" project manager Agnese Gara-Nimane told "Nozare.lv".

Glass and crystal dishware brand's "an&angel" producer "Angel Glass Design" will continue to enter new export markets, of which Russia is the nearest goal, as "Angel Glass Design's" project manager Agnese Gara-Nimane told "Nozare.lv".

She said that most of the enterprise's production or 70 percent is exported, with the remaining 30 percent sold in Latvia. Gara-Nimane also added that after participation in international exhibitions, which the enterprise does twice a year, the dish export increases to 90 percent.

Most of "Angel Glass Design" products are exported to Germany, but Canada is also interested in the designs. The enterprise is currently in talks with potential clients in Lebanon and Israel.

Gara-Nimane pointed out that the next export market, they want to conquer, is Russia. "This October, "Riga Days" will take place in St.Petersburg, with a solo exhibition by "Angel Glass Design" designer Artis Nimanis.

"This is to be our first step in conquering this market," said the enterprise's representative.

According to "Lursoft" database at the Register of Enterprises, "Angel Glass Design" was established in 2004. Its turnover in 2010 was LVL 41,000, but profits - LVL 367.

Related news
The International Ice Sculpture Festival will celebrate the 15th birthday by bringing to life the planet "Ice" in Jelgava. Just like in a galactic birthday party - various surprises, six fireworks...
Last week, Latvian opera diva Kristine Opolais made her debut at the Metropolitan Opera as Magda in Puccini's "La Rondine" and her performance is praised by the audience and critics alike.
This season, the fans of winter sports have the opportunity to visit nine ice rinks and also ski tracks in the capital city, furthermore, the majority of winter sports opportunities in Riga are free of charge...
As spring melts away a long winter deep in Latvia's vast forests, the stillness is almost imperceptibly broken by a rhythmic drip, drip, drip. A small black tube protrudes from the trunk of a leafless...