You are here
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to assist media professionals working on stories about Latvia and its tourism offering.
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to provide advice and support to the international travel trade planning activities in or already working with the Latvian tourism market.
One of the roles of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia is to implement Latvia's national tourism development policy. The agency is supervised by the Ministry of Economics.
What we do:
- implement marketing activities in Latvia and abroad for the promotion of Latvia as a tourism destination
- ensure public private partnerships for tourism development
- work to attract funding for tourism development.
Our activities include:
- carrying out research in local and international tourism markets
- providing information and consultations on tourism in Latvia
- arranging the participation of Latvian tourism service providers at international tourism events
- coordinating FAM and press trips for international tour operators and media
- developing and maintaining www.latvia.travel – an online tourism information resource for travellers
- running ad campaigns in target markets
- printing and distributing brochures and maps for visitors to Latvia
- establishing and participating in tourism development projects
- proposing legislative improvements to encourage tourism development
- supervising the allocation of funds to tourism development projects.
24.10.2018 A visit to Zelma's Bakery
The kitchen is a great place to lose our sense of time in this rushed modern world.
24.10.2018 Events round-up November and December 2018
From the Baltic Sea and Latvian Tourism Forum for travel industry professionals to cosy winter events that visitors to Latvia will treasure, there's no shortage of things to do in the winter months.
Coastalhiking.eu is the one-stop-shop for information on the Baltic Coastal hiking route, a 1200 km-long trail along the Baltic Sea coast. The website is available in English, Latvian and Estonian.