You are here
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to assist media professionals working on stories about Latvia and its tourism offering.
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to provide advice and support to the international travel trade planning activities in or already working with the Latvian tourism market.
One of the roles of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia is to implement Latvia's national tourism development policy. The agency is supervised by the Ministry of Economics.
What we do:
- implement marketing activities in Latvia and abroad for the promotion of Latvia as a tourism destination
- ensure public private partnerships for tourism development
- work to attract funding for tourism development.
Our activities include:
- carrying out research in local and international tourism markets
- providing information and consultations on tourism in Latvia
- arranging the participation of Latvian tourism service providers at international tourism events
- coordinating FAM and press trips for international tour operators and media
- developing and maintaining www.latvia.travel – an online tourism information resource for travellers
- running ad campaigns in target markets
- printing and distributing brochures and maps for visitors to Latvia
- establishing and participating in tourism development projects
- proposing legislative improvements to encourage tourism development
- supervising the allocation of funds to tourism development projects.
19.07.2018 Latvia in the media | July 2018
In our round up of recent media coverage, Vogue, The Telegraph, Travel and Leisure, and further publications hand out compliments to Latvia, deeming Riga the new arts hub of the Baltics and more.
19.07.2018 August and September events round-up
With summer still in full swing, there’s no shortage of outdoor events to consider including in a Latvia itinerary, from music festivals to celebrating the anniversary of a narrow gauge railway. Here’s a round up of what’s coming up in August and September.
In the summer season, the Museum of Energy in Ķegums welcomes visitors every day, including Saturdays and Sundays, and an English speaking guide is available. The museum provides insight into energy production processes and their history in Latvia. Upon prior booking, visitors are invited to...