You are here
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to assist media professionals working on stories about Latvia and its tourism offering.
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to provide advice and support to the international travel trade planning activities in or already working with the Latvian tourism market.
One of the roles of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia is to implement Latvia's national tourism development policy. The agency is supervised by the Ministry of Economics.
What we do:
- implement marketing activities in Latvia and abroad for the promotion of Latvia as a tourism destination
- ensure public private partnerships for tourism development
- work to attract funding for tourism development.
Our activities include:
- carrying out research in local and international tourism markets
- providing information and consultations on tourism in Latvia
- arranging the participation of Latvian tourism service providers at international tourism events
- coordinating FAM and press trips for international tour operators and media
- developing and maintaining www.latvia.travel – an online tourism information resource for travellers
- running ad campaigns in target markets
- printing and distributing brochures and maps for visitors to Latvia
- establishing and participating in tourism development projects
- proposing legislative improvements to encourage tourism development
- supervising the allocation of funds to tourism development projects.
21.03.2018 "Laima" welcomes the 150 thousandth visitor
Over the last four years, the Museum of the Latvian national brand - chocolate “Laima” has become a place that both children and adults want to visit.
20.03.2018 Visit the famous Sherlock Holmes
In the heart of Old Riga there is a new, cosy ART hotel „Sherlock” opened, which has gained its name in honour of the legendary British detective.
For the 25th time the most outstanding achievements in the global tourism and hospitality sector will be established, and this year the joint digital marketing project of the LIAA Tourism Department and the Nordic Travel Bloggers will be among the best in Europe.