You are here
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to assist media professionals working on stories about Latvia and its tourism offering.
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to provide advice and support to the international travel trade planning activities in or already working with the Latvian tourism market.
One of the roles of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia is to implement Latvia's national tourism development policy. The agency is supervised by the Ministry of Economics.
What we do:
- implement marketing activities in Latvia and abroad for the promotion of Latvia as a tourism destination
- ensure public private partnerships for tourism development
- work to attract funding for tourism development.
Our activities include:
- carrying out research in local and international tourism markets
- providing information and consultations on tourism in Latvia
- arranging the participation of Latvian tourism service providers at international tourism events
- coordinating FAM and press trips for international tour operators and media
- developing and maintaining www.latvia.travel – an online tourism information resource for travellers
- running ad campaigns in target markets
- printing and distributing brochures and maps for visitors to Latvia
- establishing and participating in tourism development projects
- proposing legislative improvements to encourage tourism development
- supervising the allocation of funds to tourism development projects.
In the season 2017/2018, we will listen to the wonderful voices of Aleksandrs Antonenko, Inga Kalna and other excellent opera artists – we will enjoy performances by bright international stars.
This is good news for everybody, but in particular for tourists who want to spend short holidays in Latvia and to attend, for example, opera or a restaurant to enjoy a gourmand dinner.
The building erected in 1950s has been renovated and it possesses an undeniable charm.