You are here
Media and blog trips
The Tourism Department of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) can provide support in organising media and blog trips with the aim of introducing trip participants to Latvia as a tourism destination. The level of support provided is determined on an individual basis.
The following guidelines apply to receiving LIAA support for media trips to Latvia:
- a fully completed request form must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the trip.
- the media request form must include detailed information on the aim of the trip (type and size or length of coverage, est. time of publication or broadcast, synopsis of coverage), special interests and needs that will assist in putting together a tailored programme for the media trip.
- at least 1 day during the media trip will be spent outside Riga.
- the submitter of the request form represents a specific media organisation as an employee or a freelancer on a contract.
Based on the completed request form, LIAA can offer:
- to put together a programme for the media trip
- accommodation during the media trip
- ground transport during the media trip
- guide and/or interpreter services during the media trip
- to obtain permission to film and/or take photos at sites and attractions
- transport to Latvia (on a case-by-case basis).
The level of support that LIAA can provide is determined by evaluating details of the proposed coverage in the request form, and depends on scheduling and resources.
The media trip programme and LIAA employees will advise of the complimentary services provided. LIAA is unable to cover the costs of unforeseen expenses such as additional beverages, unexpected meals and taxi journeys that arise during the trip.
LIAA is unable to host partners, spouses or other family members, unless they play a crucial part in the story (e.g. family travel bloggers).
LIAA cannot guarantee the inclusion of specific sites and attractions in the media trip programme. Hotels, restaurants, sites and attractions operate independently and for various reasons can be closed or otherwise unavailable.
The programme of the media trip cannot be changed later than 4 days prior to the media trip.
A media trip request can be cancelled no later than 7 days prior to the scheduled media trip. In case of late cancellation by the requesting party, LIAA reserves the right to request compensation of losses (e.g. deposits for accommodation, prepayment of meals).
It is compulsory for media trip participants to send LIAA the publications, features, audio or video material published or broadcast after the trip.
Each media representative can be provided with support for no more than 1 media trip per year.
Depending on the interests specified in the request form, LIAA may involve the Riga Tourism Information Bureau, the Latvian Institute, regional tourism associations or other partners in organising the trip.
For reporting purposes, during the visit LIAA will request the signatures of all media trip participants to acknowledge their arrival in Latvia.