You are here
Ogre Zilie Kalni Nature Park
Zilie Kalni (Blue Hills) Nature Park in the Ogre municipality is popular with holiday makers, who lead an active lifestyle or just want a breath of fresh forest air.
An EU protected habitat – a coniferous forest growing on the esker ridge of the Ogre Blue Hills – covers most of the nature park's territory and is home to 18 protected plant species, six protected bird species and several protected insect species.
A splendid view opens from the 30-meter-high observation tower on the highest of the hills.
Go for outdoor recreation
- There are walking trails, educational trails and cycling trails in the park that can be used for Nordic Walking, jogging or other outdoor recreation purposes.
- Water in Dubkalni Reservoir is clear and transparent which makes it perfect for diving. There are five picnic areas with benches, tables and fire pits.
- There are outdoor fitness installations – a pull-up bar, parallel bars and an abdominal workout bench – in four locations in the forest.
- If there is enough snow, cross-country ski tracks are maintained in the park. The total length of the ski tracks with uphill and downhill stretches is about 10 kilometers. The cross-country ski tracks run between Ogre and Ikskile towns.
- Enjoy a ride downhill on a sled
- Go for a ride in a dog sled
Wide variety of cultural, educational and sports events are organized in the nature park annually.