You are here
Ventspils Castle of the Livonian Order
The symbol of Ventspils – the Livonian Order castle – is the oldest medieval castle in Latvia that remains almost untouched in terms of the initial area and volume. The castle uncovers to the visitors the experience and knowledge accumulated during 724 years on every step.
It offers exhibitions on history of the castle, the port, the city and region of Ventspils, giving everybody the opportunity to travel in time and explore history of different centuries.
The spirits of different times is embodied in diverse events organized in the castle, lectures dedicated to arts and history, exhibitions and concerts.
Educational programmes for the visitors of Livonian Order castle:
- Art Class in the Museum
- I Live in the Duchy
- Knight of the Heart
- Port Before the Port
- My Museum – My Castle
- Explore the Museum together with Black Piglet
- Paper Dolls of Ventspils
- Making the Dolls Creative workshop
- Middle Ages in the Castle
- History Tuesdays – lectures for adults about the history of Ventspils city and region
- Nightfall Hours in the Castle – an attractive night excursion in cooperation with the Melnais sivēns tavern.
The medieval Melnais sivēns tavern offers tasty meals in medieval atmosphere.