Almost all the animals have been found and rescued by humans, tamed and brought from various places in Latvia.Some of them, for instance, elks, lynxes and an eagle-owl were born in Ligatne Nature Trails.
Gauja NP Visitor centre by Ligatne Nature Trails offers:
- information on the inhabitants of the Nature Trails, feeding hours and opportunity to walk the route together with the animal caretakers;
- - information on various excursions, hikes and tourism routes;
- information on the nearest catering places and accommodation;
- information on guide services;
- various souvenirs, post cards, guides and maps as well as snacks and refreshing drinks;