Latvia is one of the greenest European countries along the Baltic Sea coastline. Thousands of people from Scandinavia and Western Europe come to Latvia every year to regain their health and beauty. A moderate climate, highly qualified professionals, and the availability of modern technology ensure successful treatment and recovery.
The high quality of health services is characterised by a personal, committed, hospitable and benevolent attitude, as well as a customised approach to each patient. Diagnostic and treatment equipment in Latvian medical health care facilities meets the standards of the European Union - significant funds have been invested in ensuring that Latvia has the best of modern technology.
The quality, professionalism, fast access to services and excellent value for money make Latvia an appealing medical and health tourism destination. Diagnostics, medical rehabilitation, phlebology, dermatology, plastic surgery and dentistry are among the most popular medical services provided at Latvia’s private clinics, rehabilitation centers and hospitals. Latvian specialists are well-versed in working with international patients and can communicate fluently in several foreign languages.
Latvia boasts a temperate maritime climate and wealth of natural healing resources that provide unique treatment opportunities and a serene setting to encourage recovery. Latvia is easy to reach by road, sea, air and rail.
Riga International Airport offers direct connections to more than 100 destinations. Patients are encouraged to extend their stay to explore Latvia and Riga, the Baltics’ capital of culture, a city of stunning architecture and a paradise for foodies.
Why choose Latvia?
- Quality - demand for qualified medics in Latvia has always been high, which is why medical education is also at a high level. Professional knowledge has significantly aided the development of medicine in Latvia. Nowadays, Latvia’s clinics are high-level treatment institutions, where quality diagnostic and treatment services are ensured by a combination of the professional knowledge of our doctors and state-of-the-art equipment, cutting-edge technology, and high safety and quality standards;
- Technology - the healthcare available in Latvia corresponds to the highest level offered by the world’s leading clinics. The clinics use certified apparatus corresponding to international quality standards. Operations are performed using materials and equipment made by the world’s leading manufacturers. Alongside European specialists, Latvian doctors conduct scientific studies in various branches of medicine to improve disease diagnostics and therapy;
- Prices - Latvia’s clinics typically offer patients a sensible pricing policy with no hidden charges. Service prices are competitive within the Baltic Sea region and lower than in Western European and Scandinavian countries, enabling patients to make cost savings of 50-70%;
- Availability – the date of consultations and operations can usually be arranged within the next two weeks. Examinations are available with no waiting lists following a carefully planned schedule. The equipment and apparatus required for diagnostics and treatment are available under the roof, meaning both can be performed in the shortest possible time;
- Safety - the infrastructure, environment and work organization are Latvia’s clinics are to Europe’s best patient care standards;
- Privacy - professional ethics and patient safety are the cornerstones of our professionalism. We guarantee absolute confidentiality, meeting EU requirements concerning personal data protection. Patient coordinators offer a personal approach, helping find answers to all the patients’ questions and queries;
- The added value - Latvia’s nature and four seasons offer patients a place to enjoy the beauty of nature, architectural gems, gastronomic paradise, and culture.
The Latvian Health Tourism Cluster
To provide a full set of services and meet the needs of medical tourists created The Latvian Health Tourism Cluster - Latvia’s leading private and state organizations uniting in a cluster. The cluster was established in 2012 to offer quality medical services to foreign patients. It has 60 members. The cluster fosters collaboration between those working in the health sector, implements joint marketing activities, and forms and markets integrated and innovative medical tourism products and services, thus making them more accessible to locals and foreign tourists.
More information: www.healthtravellatvia.lv