1. General information
Controller – Investment and Development Agency of Latvia, registration number: 90001739473, address: Pērses iela 2, Riga, LV-1442.
Contact information: telephone: +371 67039499, e-mail: [email protected]
2. Data processing processes, purposes and legal bases
Consent of the data subject (Article 6, Clause 1, Sub-clause a) of the Regulation):
- Your name, surname, company e-mail, company name, name of company representative will be processed to ensure communication with the Tourism Department of LIAA by filling out the contact form on the Website or by other means of communication, as well as to ensure the provision of a reply.
- Your name, surname, e-mail address, company, country, type of business will be processed to ensure the possibility to subscribe to the newsletter of the Tourism Department of LIAA.
- Your information as an applicant (name, surname) or company (company name), e-mail address will be processed to ensure the possibility to post information on the Website when filling out the application form.
- Your user name, e-mail address will be processed to ensure that you can register a user account and personalise your access to the system.
- Your name and/or company name, name, e-mail address and country of the person concerned, and the information on which the complaint is based will be processed to ensure a response to your complaint. LIAA will use the information you provide to investigate your complaint and send you a response once your complaint has been investigated.
- Your e-mail address, name and surname of the public representative, telephone number, name of the company, country, type of business, e-mail address of the public exploitation editor will be processed to ensure that you have the opportunity to be a media representative of the Tourism Department of LIAA. The relevant data will be used to assess your eligibility for cooperation, to contact you, and to provide you with information relevant to cooperation.
- Your e-mail address, name, surname, telephone number, country will be processed to ensure that opinion leaders can be evaluated for cooperation. The relevant data will be used to assess your eligibility for cooperation, to contact you, and to provide you with information relevant to cooperation.
Your data may be collected to compile anonymous statistics on website usage and analyse your characteristics, understand the needs of you and the market, and develop new products and services.
3. Personal Data Recipients
LIAA does not provide access to its database to unauthorised persons and protects the personal data you provide. Certain personal data may be transferred to other parties, but only to:
- Personal data processors that maintain data of LIAA as an outsourced service (e.g., website maintenance, server hosting service providers and IT system maintainers);
- LIAA employees who are duly appointed and authorised to access the data within the scope of their work duties using their user ID and personal password on the relevant systems;
- Public authorities to which LIAA is obliged to transfer data upon the request of the authority in the cases provided for in the laws and regulations.
4. Data storage
We will store personal information, customer and business information for as long as necessary to:
- provide the products, services and information requested by you or your company;
- contact you about a request you have made to us;
Where the processing of data by LIAA on the Website is based on consent given by you in accordance with Article 6, Clause 1, Sub-clause a) of the Regulation, the data will be processed for as long as your consent is valid and has not been withdrawn.
Your Personal Data is not processed outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) or in a country where adequate safeguards for the processing of personal data are not provided or a decision of the European Commission on the adequacy of the processing of personal data in the country concerned has not been adopted.
5. Rights of the Data Subject
- Right to access their personal data. LIAA will provide you with confirmation of whether LIAA processes your personal data and a summary of the data processed as additional information under the Regulation.
- Right to request the correction or updating of inaccurate personal data. LIAA requests you to provide information about changes, if any, to your name, surname, contact details or other personal data to ensure the correct processing of your personal data.
- Right to request the restriction (suspension) of processing of personal data. LIAA will automatically restrict the processing (other than storage) of personal data of a User if you submit a request to correct inaccurate personal data or you object to the processing of personal data. Processing will be limited for the period during which a request for the correction of personal data or a request regarding an objection is being processed.
- Right to object to the processing of personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of certain personal data where the processing is carried out by LIAA in the interests of LIAA or on the basis of a legitimate interest.
- Right to request the erasure of one’s personal data. LIAA will consider whether the grounds set out in the Regulation for the erasure of personal data exist and inform you of the decision.
- Right to withdraw consent. If the processing of personal data is carried out on the basis of consent, it may be withdrawn. LIAA will no longer process data for the purpose consent was given, except for where the personal data is stored for the protection of the legitimate interests of LIAA. You may unsubscribe from the e-mails at any time by sending a notice to [email protected] or by using the link provided in the e-mails sent to you.
6. Implementation of the rights of the data subject
You may exercise the rights of the data subject by submitting a request in one of the following ways:
- as a written and signed application addressed to the address of LIAA – Pērses iela 2, Riga, LV-1442;
- as an application signed with a secure electronic signature, addressed to LIAA and sent to the e-mail address: [email protected].
To protect your privacy and security, we will take appropriate measures to verify your identity before providing information about your requested personal data.
Applications to exercise each right will be examined as soon as possible, but no later than within one month. The personal data you provide in your request for the exercise of your rights as a data subject and the request itself will be stored for five years from the date of the response by LIAA to preserve evidence of the exercise of the rights of the data subject.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact LIAA by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone on +371 67039499.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you have the right to file a complaint with the Data State Inspectorate: Elijas iela 17, Riga, LV-1050.