You are here
Liepaja Regional Hospital
Liepaja Regional Hospital is one of the largest in-patient and diagnostic centres outside Riga. Annual patient numbers reached 22 000, with some 5 550 surgeries. We offer programmes such as invasive cardiology and reanimation of new-born infants, and exclusive services including spinal and vascular surgery, and microsurgery.
• Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery – weight loss surgery (gastroplasty),
• vein surgery: superficial vein surgery.
• Coronarography, angioplasty
• dilatation and stent implantation at pelvis and leg arteries, renal artery stenting, subintimal dilatation of leg arteries,
• vascular embolization, uterine fibroid embolization.
Reconstructive and cosmetic (aesthetic) surgery:
• Recovery of body shape or functional impairment
• Body contouring
• Large-joint arthroplasty (hip and knee),
• Arthroscopic surgery
• Spine surgery
Physical therapy and rehabilitation:
• Anti-stress programme, using natural mineral water baths and mud applications, sauna, aerotherapy, psychologist consultations.
• Programme for joints and back pain
• Neurorehabilitation programmes for children and adults
• Available 24h medical observation.
Day-long complex medical examinations:
• Basic health examination: Internist consultation before and after examination, abdominal and renal USG, ECG, chest X-ray in two projections, laboratory tests
• Complex cardiovascular examination: Cardiologist consultation before and after examination, ECG, echocardiogram, dopplerography, veloergometry, laboratory tests
• Oncological prevention for women/men Internist consultation, gynaecological consultation or consultation with urologist, USG, chest X-ray in two projections, laboratory tests, phthisiopneumonologist consultation, spirometry.