Meetings, events and conferences (MICE) in Latvia
Why Latvia for your next event:
Latvia is an affordable, relaxed and green northern country with the right ingredients for a successful international conference:
- new destination with great meeting infrastructure;
- direct flights from over 100 destinations;
- daily flights from most European capitals;
- an airport just 15 minutes drive from the Riga city center;
- the largest convention center in the Baltics;
- more than 40 conference hotels in Riga and much more outside the capital;
- a flourishing food scene rooted in local and seasonal produce;
- Riga city center so compact most city tourist attractions are within walking distance;
- Riga is only 30 minutes away from a beach, and the closest national parks are just 45 minutes away (perfect for combining business and pleasure!).
Large choice of venues:
A minimalist space with a view of pine trees and the Baltic Sea. The gilded ballroom of a baroque palace. A rural log house with onsite sports and spa facilities. Latvia is a small country that packs a lot of variety. Its venues tell the story of Latvia, its complex past and comfortable present balancing between modernity and tradition.
Riga International Airport connects Latvia to over 100 destinations:
Flight time from Frankfurt: 2 h 20 min
Flight time from Amsterdam: 2h 20 mins
Flight time from London: 2h 30 mins
Flight time from Stockholm: 1h 10 mins
airBaltic destinations: www.airbaltic.com
Unique experiences in Latvia:
- Bog-shoeing and forest foraging;
- Bobsleigh fun rides through the year in professionally operating track;
- Flying like a bird in the Aerodium vertical wind tunnel;
- Product launches and receptions in the "Versailles of the Baltics" – Rundale Palace;
- Meet and mingle among Rothko originals at the Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Center;
- Themed feast at Cesis Medieval Castle.
And so much more..!
How we can help
The Latvian tourist board (LIAA) provides the following services to anyone planning a meeting or event in Latvia:
- Free, impartial information, tips and advice;
- FAM trips (upon request and subject to availability).
For more detailed assistance, MEET RIGA is the Riga city convention bureau and provides the following services free of charge:
- Handling requests for proposals (RFP);
- Venue selection;
- Acting as the first point of contact with local service providers;
- Arranging site inspections and FAM trips;
- Providing promotional materials.
Sign up for Latvia Travel seasonal newsletter.