Karosta is like a city within a city - unusual and endowed with a special, harsh beauty, it attracts creative people and adventure seekers. It occupies a third of Liepāja, and at every step, it reveals traces of the activities of different times and powers.
During the Soviet times, Karosta was a closed military territory, but nowadays, it has become one of the most popular tourist sights in Latvia.
What to do in Karosta:
- cross the Karosta Canal on Oskar Kalpaks bridge;
- admire the Orthodox Sea Cathedral of St.Nicholas - the tallest dome in the Baltics;
- walk along the cobbled streets of Karosta and look at the architecture of the tsarist era;
- clear your head with a walk along the North Pier;
- see the impressive fortifications on the seashore;
- visit the Karosta water tower and arena.