You are here
A unique 19th century's complex of wooden buildings is now renovated in Pārdaugava. A group of friends and associates are actively involved in a project of preserving the historic atmosphere of the quarter and adapting it to the dynamics of the 21st century. Buildings invite you to enjoy Latvian and European design, fairs, art exhibitions and workshops at court-yards. The quarter's special feature is old LADA cars to take you into the past.
Visit Kalnciems Quarter!
- Visit the Farmers’ Market every Saturday, where you can taste-test and/or buy a large selection of locally-produced goodies. The market also has a wide range of interesting local arts and crafts
- Attend various performances, lectures, outdoor activities and concerts, featuring a wide range of musicians from Latvia and abroad
- Children are invited to attend free workshops on Saturday – using your imagination, cutting, gluing, drawing. Also - take time to ride the carousel
- Celebrate the holidays at Kalnciems Quarter – paint or dye eggs during Easter, or sing a sprightly folk song during the summer solstice celebration Liigo!
- Have a hearty meal at restaurant Maja, or sample the wine shop’s extensive selection of Italy’s smaller wineries
- Learn facts about the history of the Riga suburb of Pardaugava, as well as how it looks today, in special tours organized by Kalnciems Quarter
- Visit the quarter’s art gallery to view contemporary paintings, graphics, photographs and sculptures by Latvian and foreign artists
- Try some traditional Latvian food products with unusual twists
The essence of the quarter is to retain the historical aura of the area, while at the same time adding something unique and fun.