Mezaparks is one of the most beautiful, greenest, and also one of the most prestigious neighbourhoods in Riga, as well as a popular recreation area.
The major cultural and recreational park Mezaparks opened in 1949. One of the few remaining forested areas in Riga became integral part of the park and gave it its identity.
- The Grand Stage of the Song Festival is located in Mezaparks, hosting one of the most important events in the cultural life of Latvia once every four years – the Song Festival. The Grand Stage is also a popular venue for concerts by local and foreign artists.
- Mezaparks Green Theatre hosts concerts and theatrical performances.
- See 3D pavement art. When looked at from a certain angle, the drawings seem spatial and “alive”.
- Enjoy a longer or shorter walk in the park
- Go rollerblading along the park’s asphalted trails
- Take a bicycle ride through the cycling lanes of the park or jump on a mountain bike to ride a forest path
- Take your children to one of the playgrounds, suited for children of different ages
- See how good you are at disc golf and mini golf, challenge your friends or family members to a competition
- Overcome obstacles and experience unforgettable emotions at the Mezakakis adventure park, taking one out of several routes of varying difficulty
- Try stand-up paddleboarding
- Get into shape at one of the outdoor gyms, running or Nordic walking in the forest and paths of the park
- Enjoy the winter skiing through Mezaparks!
Everything you need for outdoor recreation is available for rent in the park.
Recreation in nature
- Have a picnic at one of the picnicking areas on the shores of Lake Kisezers
- Sunbathe on Mezaparks Beach, have a dinner at the beach café, and go for a swim in Lake Kisezers
- Visit Newlywed’s Hill – the Rhododendron Garden
- Go angling at Lake Kisezers
Situated next to the recreation park at Lake Kisezers, there is one of the most popular recreation places with city dwellers – the Riga Zoo, a true friend of nature with traditions spanning several centuries, which offers modern-day opportunities for exploring nature all year round, all the while enjoying the experience. The zoo presents captivating insight into the diversity of living nature, and features exciting guided tours.