The Ausekļi Mill Museum gives an opportunity to watch, and to try out one skill in diverse farm-work.
Each autumn and spring, the museum holds harvest and sowing festivals, offering activities for everyone who wishes to join in or watch:
- Grinding grain by a hand mill,
- Threshing corn with horse drawn and steam-powered machines,
- Ploughing with ancient ploughs,
- Crafts – basketry, carving wood, metalwork, making brooms, weaving, spinning, knitting, rope making, making roofing shakes, etc.,
- Housework – churning butter, laundering, pounding laundry with a bat on a battling block, making sauerkraut, etc.
Beside these events, visitor groups can apply for activities in advance!