You are here
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to assist media professionals working on stories about Latvia and its tourism offering.
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to provide advice and support to the international travel trade planning activities in or already working with the Latvian tourism market.
One of the roles of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia is to implement Latvia's national tourism development policy. The agency is supervised by the Ministry of Economics.
What we do:
- implement marketing activities in Latvia and abroad for the promotion of Latvia as a tourism destination
- ensure public private partnerships for tourism development
- work to attract funding for tourism development.
Our activities include:
- carrying out research in local and international tourism markets
- providing information and consultations on tourism in Latvia
- arranging the participation of Latvian tourism service providers at international tourism events
- coordinating FAM and press trips for international tour operators and media
- developing and maintaining www.latvia.travel – an online tourism information resource for travellers
- running ad campaigns in target markets
- printing and distributing brochures and maps for visitors to Latvia
- establishing and participating in tourism development projects
- proposing legislative improvements to encourage tourism development
- supervising the allocation of funds to tourism development projects.
ISSP is a platform for contemporary photography. In 2018, after 12 years in action, ISSP launched its own gallery and events space in the heart of Riga – a fantastic destination for art lovers.
22.11.2018 Tour operators find new ideas in Latvia
LIAA organises and supports familiarisation trips for international tour operators to Latvia. Recently, we hosted two groups of tour operators from Lithuania and Estonia. We may be neighbours, but we all still have a lot to learn from each other.
Over 400 travel industry professionals gathered in Riga for the historic, first ever Joint Baltic Sea and Latvian Tourism Forum under the slogan “On the edge of change”. The forum addressed the concepts of “creation versus preservation” and “digitalisation versus preservation” or how to embrace...