You are here
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to assist media professionals working on stories about Latvia and its tourism offering.
The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) is happy to provide advice and support to the international travel trade planning activities in or already working with the Latvian tourism market.
One of the roles of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia is to implement Latvia's national tourism development policy. The agency is supervised by the Ministry of Economics.
What we do:
- implement marketing activities in Latvia and abroad for the promotion of Latvia as a tourism destination
- ensure public private partnerships for tourism development
- work to attract funding for tourism development.
Our activities include:
- carrying out research in local and international tourism markets
- providing information and consultations on tourism in Latvia
- arranging the participation of Latvian tourism service providers at international tourism events
- coordinating FAM and press trips for international tour operators and media
- developing and maintaining www.latvia.travel – an online tourism information resource for travellers
- running ad campaigns in target markets
- printing and distributing brochures and maps for visitors to Latvia
- establishing and participating in tourism development projects
- proposing legislative improvements to encourage tourism development
- supervising the allocation of funds to tourism development projects.
12.08.2020 Cabinet of Ministers: the involvement of every member of society is of great importance in limiting the spread of COVID-19
On Tuesday, 11 August, the Cabinet of Ministers, based on the recommendations of epidemiologists, decided to slightly reduce certain Covid-19 restrictions, taking into account that the increase in the number of cases in Latvia is significantly smaller than in other European Union member states....
In the tourism sector, the risks of the spread of Covid-19 are related to the following conditions: the risks of carrying Covid-19 from countries with high incidence; a tourist may become infected when in close contact during a tourist trip; a person may become infectious a few days before showing...